.

This blog was started in 2008 when we did IVF for the first time to build our family after 5 1/2 years of infertility. We now have 14 and 8 year old boys (thanks to modern medicine) and we are enjoying our blessed life as parents ♥ In the summer of 2016 we took another huge step and moved across the country from Oklahoma to New York! This blog is about life and everything in between



Monday, August 28, 2017

We're Here!!

We have officially moved into the new house, and are now residents of Albion, NY! We got a moving truck yesterday and loaded up all vehicles to the brim. Our friend Kary loaded her van and followed along to help watch the boys so Nick and I could unload the truck. With just me and him we managed to move 3 couches, 3 beds, table/chairs, washer/dryer, tons of patio furniture, lawn equipment, and countless boxes. You never realize how much stuff you have until you have to box it up and move it!


The boys did pretty well, even though the little one didn't get a nap. We made it a priority to get their beds situated so that they could get to bed at a decent time. We however did not get to bed at a decent time...more like 2am.


Cuddles seems to be adjusting well. He isn't acting all skittish like the last time we moved. He seems pretty comfortable with the new place!


I definitely needed to do some laundry, but was a bit surprised to find that this house has hookups for a gas dryer instead of an electric! So until I can find a good deal on one, I am making good use of the clotheslines I found in the basement!


I am really trying to hustle on the kitchen unpacking so that cooking meals isn't such a hassle. You know these boys would starve without me....either that or eat burger King for every meal!


While Nick was getting another truck full last night, I managed to wrestle the wrapping off of one of our new couches!! It's super plush and it was so nice to sit down for a few minutes. It's kind of a gray-brown and looks nice with the slate blue walls and new rug.


I searched most of last night and today looking for the new shower curtain so that i could shower before going to work tonight. I finally found it (in a box in Brad's closet...) And it looks great in the bathroom! The shower head is really nice and has a detachable handheld device.


Tonight will be my first commute to work, so pray for an easy trip with no traffic!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show some love and tell me what you think! Don't forget to check back often for new posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...