.

This blog was started in 2008 when we did IVF for the first time to build our family after 5 1/2 years of infertility. We now have 14 and 8 year old boys (thanks to modern medicine) and we are enjoying our blessed life as parents ♥ In the summer of 2016 we took another huge step and moved across the country from Oklahoma to New York! This blog is about life and everything in between



Monday, April 3, 2017

Intermission

That is what I am taking right now. An intermission. I worked my last shift on Saturday at the nursing home that I've been a supervisor at for a few months. It was not a good fit for me, even though I tried very hard to adjust and learn all that I could. In addition, the 5-day week schedule is not allowing me to see my family hardly at all. With Nick and I working different shifts, we are basically saying hi and bye. There are a multitude of other reasons as well, but I'm leaving it at that.

Needless to say, the house hunt is on hold since our mortgage approval hinges solely on me working a full-time job. Isn't that the beauty  of the American dream? It doesn't matter how much savings we have, our credit score, or our history. They don't even care what our income is. The only bit of information that matters for approval is that I have a full-time job since I've been the one continuously working in the past. It was an unexpected hurdle that has definitely slowed down our progress and made us change our game plan for the year.

But here we are, taking it one day at a time! We know that God has us and whatever is meant to happen will happen. There are no houses of interest right now any how, so I am just kind of taking my time to enjoy my boys and some free time. Brad is out on break next week, and Jacob turns 2 on the 12th. Then we have Easter! So I'll be busy for sure.

We've already talked to our landlord about extending our lease. He is a great guy, and is OK with us going month to month while we look for a house. That is one big weight off our shoulders! Who knows, we may end up staying here another year anyways. Nick has already been at his job almost a year, so in another year it won't matter what I'm doing because with his 2yrs that counts toward mortgage approval.




Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show some love and tell me what you think! Don't forget to check back often for new posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...