.

This blog was started in 2008 when we did IVF for the first time to build our family after 5 1/2 years of infertility. We now have 14 and 8 year old boys (thanks to modern medicine) and we are enjoying our blessed life as parents ♥ In the summer of 2016 we took another huge step and moved across the country from Oklahoma to New York! This blog is about life and everything in between



Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Wet n Wild 1 Step Wonder Gel Polish 7 Day Review

One of the things I wanted for Christmas was some good gel polish to use at home. And being the frugal Shopper that I am, the first thing I did was look for coupons online. Unfortunately I couldn't find any, so I looked at reviews of affordable drugstore gel polish to decide which one I should try. The Sally Hansen gel polish actually had poor reviews, and users are not happy with the durability. The next brand I looked up was this one, Wet n Wild. It had good reviews, and users said that it lasted several days with no chips. So I went to the store and looked at it, and I was happy to see that the price was less than $5 for a bottle, and there were several colors to choose from. It says that you don't need a base coat or topcoat, so that's what I did for my first application to try it out. If it goes well, I will definitely be getting more colors!


Day 1
No base coat, no top coat. 2 coats of polish


Day 2
After washing dishes, taking a shower, and normal activities


Day 3
After washing dishes and cleaning. No chips persay, just a bit of wear along some edges. Still amazing for no topcoat! 



Day 4
After a shower and scrubbing dishes. A couple small chips along the edges. A bit more wear. Still in decent shape, but I think I'll touch up the edges to freshen up and stretch out my wear a little longer.



Day 5
Even after a touch up on the tips, I still had wearing on the edges at the end of the day after chores and lots of cooking.



Day 6
Several more chips on my dominant hand.



Day 7
So definitely lots more wear and chips, mainly on my right hand.



My opinion after 1 week with this new polish is that overall I like it. Sure it got some chips after a few days, but they were only on a couple nails that got the most use. And I did not have to use a base or top coat so that saved me a lot of time waiting for it to dry. I like the wide bristle brush, and I like the opaque coverage of the color. I actually bought another color of it, and I'll be using it next week! 

I recommend getting this polish--it's less than $5 and no top coat needed so less down time. Try it out!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show some love and tell me what you think! Don't forget to check back often for new posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...