.

This blog was started in 2008 when we did IVF for the first time to build our family after 5 1/2 years of infertility. We now have 14 and 8 year old boys (thanks to modern medicine) and we are enjoying our blessed life as parents ♥ In the summer of 2016 we took another huge step and moved across the country from Oklahoma to New York! This blog is about life and everything in between



Thursday, September 8, 2016

Simple Breakfast Burritos (Freezer Cooking)

I finally got around to making a batch of breakfast burritos for the freezer! I kept mine simple this time with just eggs and cheese, but of course you can add in anything you like to make it fun! Tater tots, meat, bell pepper... The possibilities are endless!

I had a lot of eggs to use so I did mine in two batches. All together I used about 27 eggs. For each batch I recommend using a dozen eggs in a nonstick skillet. Cook them as you normally would for scrambled eggs with salt/pepper to taste. I added shredded cheddar in at the end, about 1/2c each batch. Once they are cooked you can turn the heat off and stir in any other add ones you like.



I used some flour tortillas, and some whole wheat. You should get the largest size available to make a good size burrito. If kids will be eating them too, you could use a smaller size for them.



After you fold each burrito, let them cool a bit then wrap each one in some plastic wrap.

***sorry, I can't get the pic to rotate!***

After they are wrapped you can stack them in a labeled freezer bag and throw them in the freezer! I recommend wrapping it in a napkin and microwaving for about a minute, then flipping over and heating another 45sec. You may need to heat more or less, depending on your microwave.

Enjoy!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show some love and tell me what you think! Don't forget to check back often for new posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...