.

This blog was started in 2008 when we did IVF for the first time to build our family after 5 1/2 years of infertility. We now have 14 and 8 year old boys (thanks to modern medicine) and we are enjoying our blessed life as parents ♥ In the summer of 2016 we took another huge step and moved across the country from Oklahoma to New York! This blog is about life and everything in between



Tuesday, August 16, 2016

A Special Trip

I don't think I ever posted, but the Saturday before last I got a new car! Not brand new of course, but good enough! It's a 2010 Kia Forte (6spd manual!) That had only had one owner. I'm a little sad it doesn't have an Oklahoma plate any more, but this is just one one more thing to transition for us. The best part is that I payed for it in cash, so no car payment! Woot!


I quickly got a chance to break it because later that day I got the call that my grandfather in Ohio had passed away. I arranged to take the boys and leave Monday morning.

Murphy's Law got me once again by rendering my trusty GPS useless as soon as I left my driveway. I had never used it on my phone but thankfully I figured it out and was able to find my way there with little trouble. It was about a 6hr drive to just north of Cincinnati and naturally we hit rush hour traffic that slowed us down. Jacob didn't nap much but they both passed out shortly before we arrived.


My mom, step dad, and brother Eric were already there when we arrived so we got a very warm welcome! I hadn't seen them in almost 3 months, and hadn't seen my Ohio family in several years. My aunt Diane was so kind to let me and the boys stay the night with her!

This was their first time to meet Jacob but of course he was shy and only wanted his momma.







It was so so nice to see everyone and catch up. The funeral was the next morning and I saw many more extended family members there. However I did not take pictures, I felt that would have been a little tacky considering the circumstance. It did inspire me to work on convincing people to arrange another official reunion!

These pics are from one of the last times I saw my grandparents. I took Brad there when he was 3mo with my mom for a short visit. My grandpa performed a dedication ceremony on him. He was a minister for most of his life.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Show some love and tell me what you think! Don't forget to check back often for new posts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...